Tuesday, April 22, 2008

HAWAII & MCKENNA'S 2ND B-DAY

Okay slacker that I am...I now have to combine two major events into one post...because I want you to see both!! We finally made it to the big island of Hawaii. I was never a "You have to go to Hawaii person" but I have converted! YOU HAVE TO GO TO HAWAII!! Lucky for us Clints sister, Jill and fam, live there...so we bunked with them and had a ball. Thankyou Jill for being our tour guide, car rental, babysitter, and everything in between....And my baby girl just turned two. I cannot believe it. We got her a kitchen and that is it...because she gets spoiled by everyone else we didnt have to get her much and she still got a lot... especially hugs and kisses. She is an independent spirit and wants to do everything herself, which can be exasperating at times, but I know will be a great strength to her in the future if I can give her a good foundation! It is the best when she calls me "Mommy" or says "I love you" out of the blue. Being a mom is the hardest but the best thing I have ever done!





9 comments:

Jess said...

Finally! I was wondering when I would get to see the trip pix :) I am so jealous you got to go to Hawaii!! I'm still trying to get Brad convinced... he is much more practical about finances sometimes :D Anyway, how fun! and Happy 2nd B-day McKenna!!

Mary said...

I am so glad you got to go to Hawaii. It makes me want to go, too! Now you have the Hawaiian bug and you will always want to be there! Looks like the kitchen was a hit! Happy Birthday McKenna!

Teri said...

Aloha!!! I loved the slide show of your trip. Hawaii is one place on the top of my list to visit one day. It sounds like you guys had a lot of fun!

Happy Birthday McKenna!!! Hugs and kisses from Philly!

And yes! We are coming home the 28th of May and will be there for the whole month of June. We HAVE to get together and catch up. And I'm sure Annie, McKenna, and Tay would have so much fun together. Let us know!

Lauren said...

I love the Hawaii pictures! What a cool sand turtle! Somebody has some talent.

I didn't realize McKenna's birthday came and went already. Happy Birthday cute girl! I love the kitchen set.

Parley and Katie Call said...

I was excited to finally see your Hawaii pictures. :) And happy late b-day McKenna...looks like the party was fun!

Paramedic Kris said...

Wow, cool pictures! And Happy Birthday McKenna! She's so cute. I'm glad you enjoyed Hawaii. I hope you are doing good. Take care and watch out for those earthquakes!

Lori said...

How fun!!! Looks like Hawaii was good to you all. Happy Birthday to McKenna as well. Two years old!!! She's big-time now! =)

The Wright Family said...

Its about time! JK but I am so jealous that you got to go to Hawaii. That is so neat, and Wow! McKenna is getting SO big! and she will be a big sister soon too! See you guys soon!

Moore Family said...

Happy Birthday McKenna! She was the cutest little birthday girl! The cake was great too!

Oh, and Hawaii....it looked like you guys had a blast! Thanks for the pictures!